20210901 Preference Signaling
August 29, 2023
The SAU hosted a webinar on Tuesday, August 29 for urology match applicants and residency programs about match program updates and to address preference signaling strategies and frequently asked questions.
September 13, 2022
The SAU hosted a webinar on Tuesday, September 13 for urology match applicants and residency programs to address preference signaling strategies and frequently asked questions.
July 26, 2022
The SAU hosted a webinar on Tuesday, July 26, for urology match applicants and medical students to address concerns regarding changes in the match process.
February 7, 2022
The SAU hosted a webinar to provide guidance, strategies, resources, and a discussion to unmatched urology applicants as well as program directors, mentors, residents, and coordinators.
January 13, 2022
The SAU hosted this instructional webinar on a proposed plan for standardizing dates of invitation for medical student away rotations in urology.
September 1, 2021
This UroResidency Roundtable reviewed the new match changes including the preference signaling pilot and the flush date with applicants.
August 19, 2021
This webinar (one of two webinars to introduce the Preference Signaling Pilot and the “Flush Day” to the interview invitation process) is specifically for urology match applicants.
August 16, 2021
This webinar (one of two webinars to introduce the Preference Signaling Pilot and the “Flush Day” to the interview invitation process) is specifically for program directors, coordinators, mentors and academic faculty.
February 6, 2021
Guidance, strategies, resources, and a discussion to unmatched urology applicants as well as program directors, mentors, residents, and coordinators
October 26, 2020
Review the new process on interview invitations and acceptances for the Urology Match cycle.
July 30, 2020
Best practices for both programs and applicants in structuring and participating in virtual interviews. Includes panel discussions with Program Directors, faculty, and residents who recently participated in virtual interviews.
June 2, 2020
SAU Medical Student Webinars
The Urology Interview Process and Medical Student Virtual Rotations in 2020: The SAU’s Expectations and What the Interested Medical Student Needs to Know
Interview Offers and Plan
Application Cycle Overview
Virtual Subinternship Overview (June 2)
Virtual Subinternship Overview (June 11 rebroadcast)
May 27, 2020
Instructions on how programs implement the Coalition of Physician Accountability recommendations regarding virtual sub-internships, the interview process, the 2021 Match Timeline, and resident interviews.
Response to the COPA Recommendations
Implementing The Virtual Sub-I in Urology
April 23, 2020
- The Core Mission: Continuing Resident Education and Research in the Midst of COVID-19
- Covering the Front Lines: The Broad Impact of Redeployment
- Marching Orders: Index Case Minimums, Duty Hours, and Residency Requirements During “Wartime”
- RRC and ABU updates from Dr. Chad W.M. Ritenour and Dr. J. Brantley Thrasher
- The Match Point: Sub-internships, interviews, and the Match Timeline in Uncertain Times.
April 7, 2020
- Surgical Triage: Turning the Spigot Off…. Then On
- Keeping The Lights On: Balancing Access, Staff Employment, Patient/Clinician Risk
- Getting Telemedicine Right: Durable implementation, Impact On Staffing, Role In Future
- Load Balancing: Chain of Command, Delegation, and Redeployment To Front Lines
- The Aftermath: Financial Considerations For Your Department And Faculty